If a customer (the “Customer”) books a meeting or an event at a participating SPG hotel or resort located in Latin America or the Caribbean (the “Participating Property”) between 1 March 2017 and 31 July 2017, that has an arrival date from 1 March 2017 and 31 December 2017, has a minimum of 10 guest rooms booked on the peak night (the “Eligible Event”), and that satisfies the terms and conditions of the Promotion, the Customer will earn the following:
- the Customer will have the total food and beverage charges on its master bill for the Eligible Event reduced by up to 5% based on a minimum required consumption (defined by hotel).
- if he/she is a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest® program the Customer will earn 1 bonus Starpoints® for every US$3 of amounts incurred and paid for an Eligible Event under the applicable Eligible Event Agreement including, without limitation, all group room revenue, meeting room rental revenue, and catering revenue that is included in the Eligible Event Agreement, and excluding charges for guest room incidentals and for food and beverage that is not included in the Eligible Event Agreement (e.g. charges at a restaurant within the SPG Participating Hotel), taxes, gratuities, and related charges. (the “Eligible Charges”) up to a maximum of 20,000 Starpoints per Eligible Event. The bonus Starpoints will be posted 4-6 weeks after the event is paid for, and Eligible Events benefits are posted by the Participating Property.
- one complimentary one hour welcome reception hosted by the Participating Property in a space chosen at the discretion of the Participating Property for the number of guests equal to the number of guest rooms actualized on the peak night of the Eligible Event. The welcome reception will include a complimentary selection of local signature cocktails and sodas for one hour. Welcome Reception cocktail items are at the discretion of the hotel and will be outlined in the contract. After such one hour period has lapsed, menu items and beverages may be purchased by Customer at prevailing menu prices. Reception food and beverage items are at the discretion of the hotel and will be outlined in the contract. Not valid at hotels with third party food vendors. Normal rates will apply for additional reception attendees. The welcome reception space is at the discretion of the hotel.
Terms & Conditions
- Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program may be obtained for free at www.spg.com.
- “Peak Night” is defined as the contracted block date with the highest number of guest rooms.
- Promotion must be referenced at start of the negotiation process with the Participating Property for the Eligible Event, and is not valid with any room blocks or Eligible Events booked, under negotiation, or that occurred prior to 20 February, 2017
- Promotion may not be combined with any other offers, incentives, discounts or promotions with the exception of Insider Dates and SPG Pro Double Double Promotions. Full terms for the Insider Dates Promotion can be found at www.spg.com/insiderdates . Full terms for SPG Pro Double Double can be found at www.spg.com/double.
- Promotion is subject to availability of guest rooms and meeting facilities at time of booking.
- The Customer must be a legal corporate entity with a valid tax ID number, business number, or other equivalent documentation. Employees of a government entity or a government owned entity are not eligible for this offer.
- The percentage discount offered pursuant to this promotion applies to guest room revenue only and does not apply to charges for banquet and catering, charges for meeting rooms, any surcharges, gratuities, taxes, audio/visual charges, and any third party charges on the master bill.
- The SPG Member must provide his/her SPG Member number in the Eligible Event Agreement or to the applicable Participating Property at the time of booking.
- The SPG Program Terms apply to the SPG Member’s use of Starpoints awarded under this promotion.
- If the Eligible Event is canceled, the Starpoint signing bonus may be removed from the SPG Member’s account.
- Promotion is valid only at Participating Properties.
- To the extent that terms are capitalized in these terms and conditions, the terms have the meanings specified in the SPG Program Terms.
- Marriott International Inc and its affiliates are not responsible for omissions or typographical errors.
- This promotion is void where prohibited by law.
- Marriott International Inc and its affiliates reserve the right to discontinue this promotion at any time.
©2017 Marriott International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Le Méridien, Design Hotels, Tribute Portfolio,
Element, Aloft, Four Points and their respective logos are trademarks of Marriott International, Inc., or its affiliates.